Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Thank you, Wikipedia

Wikipedia users: I bet you noticed the banners...

The past weeks there was a banner on top of all wikipedia articles asking for donations. Today I looked and saw the "Thank you banner" to convey that it all worked out - enough donations were made to keep wikipedia going.

Maybe you think I'm being pompous, but I feel that wikipedia is nothing short of being a world wonder. It certainly is one of the greatest achievements of the past decade, and I suspect it will remain relevant for many years to come.

I'd like to say "thank you" to everybody that donated, and a "Big Thank You" to the all the people behind wikipedia - contributors, moderators, editors, developers, system administrators and management (and whoever I left out). Wikipedia is one of my top resources for technical and scientific knowledge, and it's really hard to think how I would do my work without it.

1 comment:

codesolutions said...

hi
How to call stored procedure in pentaho report designer and i want to pass multiple iD through the URl.

SAP HANA Trick: DISTINCT STRING_AGG

Nowadays, many SQL implementations offer some form of aggregate string concatenation function. Being an aggregate function, it has the effe...