On Saturday, June 16 2007, Ibuildings and Zend Technologies are organizing the Dutch PHP Conference 2007. The event is intended for professional PHP developers and will be held in the RAI in Amsterdam.
The program is mostly in English, offering about 15 speakers and three separate tracks: Frameworks, Case studies and a separate data-oriented/database track. I will be speaking there about MySQL stored routines, and how to use them in your PHP applications. Here's an outline of the topics that I will cover:
- Overview of Stored Routines
- Explanation of terminology, purpose and application
- MySQL stored routine constructs
- A description of commonly found constructs in coding mysql stored routines. Includes: block structure, parameters and variables, control constructs, SQL inside stored routines.
- Techniques for using MySQL stored routines in PHP applications
- Creating and calling stored procedures, capturing and processing returned resultset, handling multiple resultsets.
- Use cases for MySQL stored routines in PHP (web) applications
- What to do on the client, and what to do on the server; what to do in the PHP script, and what to do in the stored procedure. Performance: how MySQL stored routines can help or hurt performance.
Oh....did I mention the price? I think not. Brace thee...this event costs as little as 100 Euro. And...early birds get a discount and pay as little as 75 euro. So, don't hesitate and sign up now! Looking forward to meeting you June 16 at the Dutch PHP Conference. See you!