Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ssst! Quiet...Cluster Certification Exam in progress!

Ssst! I'm currenty in Stockholm, Sweden, delivering the MySQL 5.1 Cluster Certification Exam on MySQL's very own Cluster summit.
p5239140
During the Cluster summit, various MySQL-ers from support, consulting, training & certification, documentation, product management and sales get the chance to interact with the developers of MySQL Cluster.

So far, we've had the chance to discuss the roadmap, the MySQL Carrier Grade edition, internals, deployment architectures, quality assurance issues, strategies for troubleshooting and many, many other things.



As always, it's a great professional opportunity to meet fellow MySQL-ers, especially if they happen to also be the greatest MySQL Cluster experts world-wide. Oh, who? How about Mikael Ronstrom, Stewart Smith, Johan Andersson or Jon Stephens?

As a MySQL certification developer, I'm seizing the moment to get all of them certified to become Certified MySQL Cluster DBA's:
p5239139

Yup, that's right: we're eating our own dogfood here. Our own support engineers, trainers, consultants and even the MySQL Cluster developers themselves attain MySQL certification. MySQL Cluster is a complex product, and people that work with it professionally tend to specialize in a particular aspect. I think the certification exam is a perfect test to see whether you know all the features in MySQL cluster 5.1.

The good news is: everybody can get MySQL certified! Don't wait, sign up now!

Apart from work, it's also great fun, and I am having a truly marvellous time in the great and old capital of Sweden. Sounds good to you? Well, why don't you join us? MySQL AB is always interested in hiring great professionals. I'm Looking forward to meet you!

3 comments:

jbm said...

Hi,

I am the Senior Lead QA guy for Cluster and was asked to take the test. (I am the one in the photo with smoke coming from my ears :-)

I have posted about the meeting and the test in the QA blog.

http://mysql-qa.blogspot.com/2007/05/just-when-you-think-you-know-something.html

Best wishes,
Jonathan Miller
Austin, Texas USA
Senior Lead Quality Assurance Developer
MySQL AB www.mysql.com

Mahesh said...

Hi ,

My name is Mahesh Gupta. I am Certified DBA in Microsoft technologies now I want to upgrade my skill set to MYSQL also. Could you please guide my how should I start for this certification?

I have already purchased MySQL__5_Certification_Study_Guide which is quite helpful but still don’t have enough confidence for certification. Do you have some test papers or something else which can help me to evaluate my skills against my SQL certification?

Regards
Mahesh
mailMaheshGupta@yahoo.com

rpbouman said...

Hi Mahesh,

"Could you please guide my how should I start for this certification?"

MySQL offers training. Trainers are themselves Certified and can help you practice for the certification exam.

See: http://www.mysql.com/training

"Do you have some test papers or something else which can help me to evaluate my skills against my SQL certification?"

No. But the study guide comes with a CD that has practice questions.

"I have already purchased MySQL__5_Certification_Study_Guide which is quite helpful but still don’t have enough confidence for certification."

Well, you could consider doing the Certified MySQL Associate exam first. It is a single exam (instead of two-part exam you have for both DBA as well as Developer), it has only 50 questions and it is way less expensive.

See:
http://www.mysql.com/certification/candguide.html#t21

Good luck with your exams, I am sure you'll succeed!

SAP HANA Trick: DISTINCT STRING_AGG

Nowadays, many SQL implementations offer some form of aggregate string concatenation function. Being an aggregate function, it has the effe...