I noticed that in one of my previous blog entries (Importing XML data into MySQL using ExtractData()
) some of the literal XML snippets did not render at the Planet MySQL blog aggregate.
Then, the trouble was limited to my own entry: the escaped tags in the string arguments passed to the XML functions were not rendered.
Yesterday I did another little entry concerning the MySQL XML functions, but this time, my entry seems to wreck the remainder of the PlanetMySQL.org page! I guess this would be called 'XML injection vulnerability'.
Ironically, I entered a little warning in my blog entry for those that would be interested in reading the source snippets. For those in doubt - It was never my intention to manipulate or otherwise influence the planet mysql, or any other aggregate for that matter.