Saturday, November 12, 2005

OSDBConsortium? Cool!

I just read this very interesting post on Kaj Arnö's blog.

Word is, the major database open-sourcerers ;-) (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Firebird and others) might start a consortium, and collaborate more where it is convenient.

I find this very interesting. If it works out, it may be a new milestone in professionalism and standardistation, and help out people choosing the right product.

Already, a link is given for a putative website. Right now, it's nothing, but I'll be putting a link up in my sidebar as soon as there's more news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What? No blog post in three days? I must be losing my mind! I guess I should post a comment here to prompt you to write something! ... geez. slacker. :)

SAP HANA Trick: DISTINCT STRING_AGG

Nowadays, many SQL implementations offer some form of aggregate string concatenation function. Being an aggregate function, it has the effe...