Friday, September 16, 2005

Quest Pipelines Newsletter (re)publishes "An Introduction to the MySQL Information Schema"

About one and a half months ago, I wrote two papers on the MySQL information schema for Andrew Gifrins site, www.mysqldevelopment.com. After writing those, he tipped my that the Quest Piplines Newsletter team might be interested in republishing it. Andrew is quite an active participant of the Quest Pipelines Portal, and one of the few people that push MySQL related tips and articles, for example, on stored procedures.

Now, the they (re)published the first article in the september issue. I made a few adjustments to the original text and code listings and results.
FOr the next issue of the newsletter, I'll be revising my second paper quite a bit. When I wrote the articles originally, i was running the latest beta release, i think it was 5.0.7. Now, we're at 5.0.12, pushing 5.0.13, and MySQL really improved. Important features such as referencing tables directly from within triggers, and being able use CALL from within a trigger are just screaming to be incorporated in the code generator i present in the article.

I gueass I got my work cut out for me.

No comments:

SAP HANA Trick: DISTINCT STRING_AGG

Nowadays, many SQL implementations offer some form of aggregate string concatenation function. Being an aggregate function, it has the effe...